Saturday, August 18, 2012

Filofax Mix-up With My A5 Holborn

I was thinking how nice it would be to have a Filofax for taking sermon notes at church.  I knew I wanted to get an A5 to do just that and could kick myself for not buying the Chameleon when it was $40 a little while ago on the USA Filofax website.  Makes me sick to think about it.  But, anyway I decided to get an A5 Holborn Zip, after watching this video by FiloObsessed.  But alas, they don't exist on the FF USA website.  So I did what any self respecting citizen would do and I went to Ebay.  That's where I found it.  A beautiful Holborn Zip in Wine:


It came with free shipping, but I paid a few buck extra to get it faster.  About 3 days later, it came in my mailbox.  I was so excited to get it open and touch it and smell it, but to my surprise it wasn't MY Filofax but a completely different one, actually a more upscale one to be truthful.  This is what I received:
It was a gorgeous Filofax but it wasn't the one that I wanted.  So after many ebay messages back and forth with the seller we realized that the labels were switched at some point.  Someone, not 2 hours from me, in this whole great big country, just 2 hours away, had received my beautiful Holborn.  Well, to make a long story longer, she sent me my Filofax and I sent her this one.  We should have our correct Filos by the middle of next week.  The company that we purchased these from offered us refills of our choice to compensate for the mishap.  I got the magnifying glass, the world map, a ruled notepaper pad and 2 envelope pockets.   So all is well,  after-all, I should receive my Filo in a few days.

In the meantime I'm preparing beautiful papers to put inside it.  I'm "Filo-lifting" the idea from Gail right here.  I bought the papers she used right here and here.  Can't wait until I get the Filofax and get it all set up. 

If anyone knows what the lizardy looking Filo above is called I'd love to know.  The inside looks just like the Osterley. It's not on the FFusa site.

1 comment:

  1. I have that Same Filofax in wine too Mary, it is beautiful, also thanks for mention. x

    ReplyDelete