Thursday, May 9, 2013

Portable Project Tote & A5 Aston Filofax


 Here's what I'm talking about:
The bag is from Thirty One Gifts.  The idea came from this YouTube video.

I already had the same tote that she had in the video.  It was sitting in my closet doing nothing.  When I saw the video (thanks Nikki!) I knew I wanted to use it in a similar way.   I turned it into a "portable project tote".

I purchased this Chocolate Aston Filofax last December when it was on sale. It has been in my closet since then just waiting for a purpose.
I wasn't sure what I'd use it for, but when I saw this video and some other organizing videos I decided to use it as a "projects around the house binder".  I just set it up a couple days ago, so it's in the "seeing what works" phase.  So far what I've come up with is working nicely. (It's only two days old)  I will do a more detailed look inside the binder after I've used it for a few weeks.

A while ago I purchased this pad of paper:
 It is an A4 sized graph paper that I cut all the pages into 1/2 sheets or A5 size and punched the 6 holes in them.   It sounds tedious, but it really wasn't that bad.  All the paper in the binder is from this tablet.  I used the week on two pages that came with the binder.

The purpose of this portable bag is so that when I'm out and about I can bring it with me.  I can menu plan and make shopping lists, I can plan projects for around the house & garden, I can journal or write down thoughts, get through some of my magazines, send an encouragement or thank you note, a postcard or a greeting card to someone I'm thinking of, in other words, there's lots of things to do.  I can be productive while I'm out waiting here and there.

OK, so now, for the fun part, this is what I put in my project bag:
I purchased this book a long time ago and came across it the other day.  I thought it would be fun to start filling it out for future generations.  A nice thing to put in the project tote.

Here's a sample page.

Top view of all the contents in my project tote.  Everything fits so nice and perfect.  And it's not too heavy.

Here's one of the side pockets and it's contents.
Another pocket for pens, hi-lighter, and scissors.

This pocket contains a measuring tape, glue sticks and sticky notes.
This pocket a stapler and staples.
This pocket has a small tablet for list making.
I found this vinyl snap front envelope in a clearance aisle at OfficeMax.  I filled it with note cards, greeting cards, stamps, return address labels and post cards.
I clipped together this pile of recipes that I'd like to incorporate into some menu plans.
I have been awful at getting through my magazines lately, they just pile up in the kitchen.  This way I have them with me and can get through them purposefully.  The accordion file in the tote is handy in case I decide to tear an idea out of the magazine, I can file it right away.
This handy zipped bag is from OfficeMax too, I keep store coupons in it.  Handy for when I'm out or making a shopping list.  I can readily check to see if I have a coupon.
This Fold-And-Go Organizer with Notepad is from Thirty One Gifts also.  I use it to keep my grocery lists, coupons and store sales ads in.
Fold-And-Go opened. 
I use this ruled Moleskine for jotting down directions, phone numbers, notes, etc... whatever one might need paper for. 
I purchased this accordion file from Tuesday Morning a while back for another purpose in which I no longer need, so I dusted it off and put it in my bag.  I use it for filing internet and magazine clippings of ideas of projects I'd like to do around my house and garden.  I can go through it, choose a project and make plans in my Filofax to get it done.
My A5 Chocolate Aston happily being used now as my house & garden project planner.
A quick look at my tabs.  I will do an update of this binder in a few weeks after using it and working out the bugs.
 A clipboard in case I need to have a surface to work on. 
I am so excited to have this bag packed and ready to go with me anywhere.  Talk about "Getting things done!"  I really feel that I can be productive more often now.  Awesome!


6 comments:

  1. Excellent!!!! I have 2 of those totes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, so you're half-way there! Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Looks great and very useful. I have a Thirty One tote I use, as well, to hold all my stuff like that. So helpful! Love your set up... looking forward to seeing how it works out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see your set up too!

      Delete
  3. I nominated you to the LIEBSTER-BLOG-AWARD :o)
    http://chrissieswelt.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete